Proof for feedback:
- Don’t forget to get me your study sheet if you want to improve your counting grade (optional grade improvement activity; see Grading > Content Modules > Grade Improvement from top bar). Monday is best, Wednesday is the last opportunity.
- Check out solutions to the last proof. Did you notice the statement was false?
- Finish the negation worksheet if you have not already. Solutions here.
- For more negation practice, Hammack, Exercises 2.10 (odds have answers in the back, as usual). Keep in mind there are many correct answers to a single negation problem (but they all mean the same thing).
- Don’t forget the sets test is coming up. Very soon I will put up some practice problems (these will go up on the Materials Archive page). The material covered is:
- basic definitions including set, element, equality, empty set, cardinality, subset
- Set-builder notation and interval notation
- ordered pairs, Cartesian products and powers, subset and powersets, including cardinality of such
- operations (union, intersection, difference), universe, complement, Venn diagrams to visualize these