General Course Notes
- My blog and website for undergraduate: Proof of Concept
- My Proof Grading Rubric
- Why you should not do Left-Side-Right-Side
Access your Grades
Please check your grades weekly on canvas. I will try to keep them up to date every week so you know which badges you have earned. Please check them for correctness and alert me to any errors. It is quite a complicated administrative task.
- Official Text: Book of Proof, Richard Hammack.
- Textbook Website (free PDF)
Remote Learning Resources
- Do it yourself document camera to share your notebook writing.
- Campus Computer Labs – Use Sage (via link below), Latex, Maple, Mathematica, Matlab etc.
- Search by software – e.g. tex, mathematica
- Latex – the only reasonable way to type math.
- Wolfram Alpha – Simple math computation without learning a syntax.
- Sage – Free, sophisticated math software for indepth exploration.
General Math Resources
Note: the internet can in fact do your homework for you in many cases. So can your friends, your mother, and your tutor. That’s not the point. Study (and drink) responsibly.
- Study Math by Speaking It
- Tips on Doing Homework
- Tips on Reading your Textbook
- Dr. Math – Question answer service (by ‘Math Doctors’). Use the search box first; there’s a 99% chance someone has asked your question before.
- Mathematics at StackExchange – Question answer service (by the ‘hive mind’). Use the search box first; there’s a 98% chance someone has asked your question before.
- Math Forum Digital Library – Catalogue of web resources.