- To Know: More badges will be posted soon, and a new proof. Badges due Friday, proof due Monday. Check canvas for dates on oral exams as needed.
- To Know: I got slightly behind on grading proofs; apologies and I’ll be back at it shortly.
- To Do: Check over your logic badges and contact me on discord to double check your errors and correct responses.
- To Do:
- Revisit the proof we did in class about an irrational between two rationals. Use the recipe of the proof itself to find an irrational between 110 and 113. Write up a proof that the number you get is in the range given (it will look a lot like the general proof, but with these two numbers).
- Prove that there exists a real number x such that x^6 = e^x. (Hint: Monday’s lecture).
- Spend more time on Chapter 6, doing at least 2 new exercises.
- Hand in all three things.