- Try to prove the three theorems at the end of this handout. This gives practice in writing proofs about functions, and using what we learned about composition, bijectivity and inverses. This material takes some time to digest, so just work very carefully and slowly and contact me if you need an office hour.
- Spend time reading Hammack, Chapter 12 as needed (12.2, 12.4, 12.5, 12.6), and doing exercises. This will help solidify everything about functions. We’re done with this topic now and will be moving on to induction and other topics soon.
- In Hammack, Chapter 14 is on Cardinality. If you’re loving this stuff, go wild and read it all! With the end of today’s class, that’s all I’ll do on zoom about that material, and that approximately covers most of 14.1 and 14.2, plus Theorem 14.7. But there’s lots more in Chapter 14 if you like.
- I’d appreciate an email feedback from you on how things are going. I notice participation is dropping off a bit on zoom calls. That’s ok; you are allowed to watch them asynchronously. But I’m just worrying about you all and how you are doing.
- Don’t forget to get on top of your chances to do proof quizzes and badges quizzes. I made them due Friday night, but I’m open to feedback on deadline timing etc. Just be in touch if you need anything; we’re all in weird circumstances, so I’d like to be as flexible as possible.