To do for Monday:
- Read Hammack, Chapter 2 up to the end of 2.5, doing the exercises. Keep going if you like. This formalizes the logic we have done intuitively. I will do a mini lecture in class on this material, and then take it a bit further.
- Make sure you have sorted out your new groups.
- The badges quiz will cover all the previous badges PLUS Logic I and Logic V. The Sets I-IV badges will appear perhaps two more times (including today). So get on them this week if you don’t have them yet! (Canvas is now up to date — note 2=full, 1=partial 0=no credit.) Otherwise focus on getting Logic IV and Proofs I. Then with your spare time, if available, try the new ones.
- I have created a 7-minute recap of my advice on how to negate sentences. Watch this whenever you feel you need it for studying. It will be listed under resources. In particular, I suggest you watch it before tackling the Logic IV badge.
- Optional: True but unprovable? A fun video about Godel’s Incompleteness from numberphile. (Since it was mentioned in class.)