- Office Hour Monday will be at noon instead of 4:30 pm.
- The most recent badges quiz has been entered into D2L.
In-class Badges Quiz: Proofs, Counting, Relations, Functions I & II
Info about Sets/Logic Badges you may be missing:
- There will be no more sets/logic in-class quizzes.
- But you can earn a missing badge by doing the following. For the badge in question, write an exposition about the content (up to 1 page in length, typesetting not required). Imagine writing a study sheet for a student in the class: it should introduce the relevant information/definitions and give some examples. Then, bring this sheet to office hour where I’ll give you a five-minute oral exam to satisfy myself that you’ve learned that material. For example, I’ll ask you to do an example at the board.
- You can only do this office-hour badge thing one badge per day, so plan ahead.
To do for class:
- Read/reread Hammack Section 11.1-11.4. Do exercises from these sections. They are all excellent exercises, so plan to work through them all.
- Read Hammack, Section 12.1-12.2.
- Prepare for the badges quiz.